SJES New Wing Project Description:
1) As defined in the IBP, SJE is to receive a 2-story wing comprised of 11 classrooms, 1 conference room, student bathrooms, adult bathrooms, totalling 13,500 square feet.
2) The wing will be built where the basketball court is today.
3) Classrooms will be larger than today and include student cubby space, sink, storage space and technology comprising short throw projectors built into the wall, regular whiteboards with computer cart and document camera(Elmo). In today’s construction, there are no lockers in the hallways.
a. The exterior will be brick to match our current brick.
b. The basketball court will be rebuilt at the end of the project, south of, and connected to, the White Top.
c. Plans include an outdoor wash basin for student use after leaving the Garden.
d. The wood deck in the courtyard will be removed, but the budget does not include a new deck.
e. 4 trees will be torn down and replaced by 17.
5) There will be significant plumbing upgrades throughout the building, but most of it will be in the walls and beneath. New sewer lines are to be built to improve drainage.
6) There will be a fire lane that will run from Anita along the playground and about two-thirds of the way to the Kinder wing it will turn into a sidewalk.